‘Chocolate’ that word heard at any corner of the room children come running all the way round to grab it. They get ready for whatever it is about a promise of adding them a chocolate. May be all this adds up from the taste of the chocolate.
Around 2500 years ago chocolate was extracted from seeds of cocoava. Earlier days it was taken in the liquid form, later in 19th century butter and sugar were added up to concave liquid and transformed into chocolate. There started the industries of manufacturing of chocolates. Later spread to the whole world and now it gives many delightful tastes on many occasions starting up from birthdays , marriages, valentine’s day, mother’s day and the list goes on to spread happiness through the Chocolate .
Not all chocolates are good for health there are two main different types of chocolate milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Difference between milk chocolate and dark is the cocoa powder varies from 65 to 90 percent.
After a brief description of its origin, let’s get into the advantages of chocolates and know how they add up health along with happiness too.
- Dark chocolate increases the working of the brain and naturally acts as anti depressing agent and decreases blood pressure.
- The Anti-oxidants present in dark chocolate keep cancer and heart diseases away.
- Agreed that fat levels in chocolate are but 75 percent of fat is in form of oleic and satiric which increases good cholesterol and decreases bad cholesterol.
- It’s proved that dark chocolate keeps obesity away when taken daily in a limited proportion.
- A bar of dark chocolate with 70-85% cocoa contains
11 grams of fiber.
67% of the RDA for Iron.
58% of the RDA for Magnesium.
89% of the RDA for Copper.
98% of the RDA for Manganese.