Why blood donation is good for you
There is a bad perception among people about blood donation. There are many reasons for which people never come forward to donate blood, knowingly that their blood saves many such people fighting for their lives. The reasons such as fear of becoming weak after donating blood, fear of needle prick fear of falling sick due to loss of their own blood added up to these there are many old myths in rural areas which stop themselves in donation of blood which is because of lack of awareness but, once blood donor comes forward to donate, doctors check the health condition of the donor iron levels, hemoglobin levels blood platelets count etc; then they are guided with the food to be taken after donating blood for next few days generally blood taken from the donor is about 300 to 400 ml. and donor blood levels come back to normal within two weeks and donor becomes eligible to donate blood for once in three months.
Let us enlighten the facts which are proven that donating blood not only saves lives of people but it is also good for one’s own health who donate blood.
- Body gets to produce new red blood cells after donation of blood which enhances body health.
- Reduces to fall under the risk of many cancers prevailing in day to day life such as stomach or lung cancers.
- Helps in better functioning of bone marrow.
- Good for elderly people if they donate blood quite often as the blood gets refreshed.
- Help in weight loss as donating blood tends to burning of calories.
- Most important is that it prevents many of the cardiovascular attacks.
- Upon that once we go for donating blood we can have free health check-ups where we can know our present state of health and necessary safety measures if any required and improve our own health.
- Finally it adds up the happiness of saving others lives.